Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

First Adventure Choice

So, I've been giving my first book/adventure an awful lot of thought this week.  The adventure must be capable of beginning the whole shenanigans with a nice, loud bang! but still not be too intimidating.  After beaucoups of pensiveness and perusing my whole library, I've finally decided to go with what I consider to be practically the quintessential Young Adult Novel: Looking for Alaska by John Green.

Not only is it one of my favorite books, expertly written, and full of wonderful adventure inspiration (My gosh, the antics they get into in this book!) it also contains what I think might be my theme for this whole adventurous plot:

"So this guy," I said, standing in the doorway of the living room.  "Francois Rabelais.  He was this poet.  And his last words were 'I go to seek a Great Perhaps.' That's why I'm going.  So I don't have to wait until I die to start seeking a Great Perhaps." -pg. 5

And THAT'S why I'm doing this blog.  Because I firmly beleve that Life can be full of adventure (and Great Perhapses) if you choose to search.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use your first name or a username when commenting. The conversation will have an easier flow if we don't have a bunch of anonymous comments. Thank you!