Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Retirement of the 2011 Sacred Folder

This is the 2011 edition of the Sacred Folder:

On the front is a picture of every novel-length book I read that was published in 2011.
 


On the back is a picture of every picture book I read that was published in 2011.


On the inside are pictures of all the books that wouldn't fit on the front or back covers:

Not nearly as many as last year's edition where I filled up the outside and inside of an entire folder plus another page besides.  Oh well.  THIS YEAR I AM DETERMINED TO READ MORE!

Inside this sacred folder are lists.  TONS and TONS of lists of books.  Lists like YALSA's Best Fiction for Young Adults, starred reviews from every publishing company, best books of the year from every journal.  I am obsessed with lists.  The walls of my office at the library are completely covered in them.  The sacred journal is a way of keeping some of these all-important lists organized.

Even though I still have a few more 2011 books on my to-read lists, I've decided that it's due time to retire the 2011 Sacred Folder and get started on one for 2012.  It is, after all, mid-March.

So, I will remove all the eternally needed lists (Newberry, Caldecott, Printz, Morris, etc.) to my brand spanking new 2012 Sacred Folder.


1 comment:

  1. You are amazing and put slackers like me to shame. I'm really not a slacker...you're just extraordinary. Perspective is important.

    ReplyDelete

Please use your first name or a username when commenting. The conversation will have an easier flow if we don't have a bunch of anonymous comments. Thank you!