Last week I wasn't able to participate in:
due to family stuff, so I have two weeks worth of books to get through today! As always, make sure to visit the initiators of this wonderful meme: Sheila at Book Journeys and the ladies at Teach Mentor Texts.
Ok, so the last two weeks, I have read:
In the order of how much I liked them:
1. Solace of the Road (see review here)
2. Fat Kid Rules the World - characters are amazingly well-drawn. The dad gets my vote for Best Parent in YA fiction.
3. Boy 21 - again, great characters. Quick's books always have so much heart.
4. The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things - the ending's a little to nicely tied up, but Virginia is a great character.
5. Delirium - not sure I completely buy the premise, but Oliver's writing is BEAUTIFUL!
6. The Lives of Sacco and Vanzetti- LOVE this series of graphic novels. This is the weakest in the group though, in my opinion.
7. The Zodiac Killer - imformative but a little too simplistic.
8. Beautiful Stories of Life - servicable but nothing particularly special about this retelling of Greek myths.
but each one is 3 stars or above for me. It's been two good weeks of reading.
Now, I'm currently reading:
and, drumroll please,
yes, I finally got my hands on *the* book of 2012, and it's every bit as good as everyone says.
This week, I hope to finish most of these books I'm reading and get started on: