Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Currently Reading 7/16/12

It's time for:
hosted by the lovely ladies at Teach Mentor Texts and begun by Sheila at Book Journey.

Today starts TEEN ZOMBIE WEEK at the public library where I work so I have precious little time to post, but, real quick, this is what I've been up to, reading-wise, for the past week...

This week I read:

Many Stones
Many Stones by carolyn Coman
Powerful examination of a father/daughter relationship after tragedy. So much realness.

The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1)
(reread) Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Paterson
Definitely exciting, although the writing leaves something to be desired.

Your Own, Sylvia: A Verse Portrait of Sylvia Plath
Your Own, Sylvia: A Verse Portrait of Sylvia Plath by Stephanie Hemphill
Excellent examination of the life of Sylvia Plath. Succinct, yet moving, the deep emotion snuck up on me. Made me yearn to read Plath's poetry.

Repossessed
Repossessed by A.M. Jenkins
I felt like it missed some oportunities to be more insightful about what it means to be human, but, all in all, it was a very entertaining story.  Great voice.

Clearly, I've decided to focus on the #nerdprintz challenge.  I now only have 9 left! 

Currently reading too many thick books:
Rot & Ruin (Benny Imura, #1)The Miseducation of Cameron Post
Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry ; The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth
Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)The Book of Blood and Shadow
Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver ; The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman
Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy, #1)The FitzOsbornes at War (The Montmaray Journals, #3)
Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan ; The FitzOsbornes at War by Michelle Cooper
I should finish them all by 2018.

I hope to move on to my next couple Printz books this week:
The White DarknessPostcards from No Man's Land
The White Darkness by Geraldine McCaughrean ; Postcards from No Man's Land by Aidan Chambers

as well as
Red Glove (Curse Workers #2)
Red Glove by Holly Black

4 comments:

  1. I have so many books started and stacks falling around me. What a great list of books and enjoy teen Zombie week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you only have 9 more #nerdprintz books! You're amazing! I need to start Many Stones this week.
    Can't wait to hear what you think of Pandemonium. So great. And the ENDING...UGH!!
    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A loved Pandemonium. I really enjoy that series! I've read at least four books in the Maximum Ride series...I agree the writing isn't amazing and after a while I was mad that the story just kept going and going. I wanted some closure for those characters! I had to finally give up. Zombie week sounds like fun! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to check out Rot and Ruin. I've loved following along with your zombie things on twitter. Too fun! I'm a big zombie fan.

    ReplyDelete

Please use your first name or a username when commenting. The conversation will have an easier flow if we don't have a bunch of anonymous comments. Thank you!