Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Currently Reading 8/20/12

Once again, it's time for:



This week I finished:

The Queen of Attolia (The Queen's Thief, #2) Preacher, Vol. 1: Gone to Texas Superman: Red Son
The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner
Superman: Red Son by Mark Millar

Batman: The Killing Joke Birds of Prey, Vol. 1: Trouble in Mind

Although the graphic novels were all very good (albeit DARK) my favorite was my reread of The Queen of Attolia.  In my opinion, The Queen's Thief is the BEST SERIES EVER, and you should definitely read it if you haven't.  So complicated but oh so brilliant.

I am currently reading:

The Body of Christopher Creed
The Body of Christopher Creed by Carol Plum-Ucci
and enjoying it immensely.

Not sure what I plan to read this week.  I have oodles of graphic novels checked out.  I want to try to read some manga, anybody have any favorite series?  All I've read is that MG series Chi's Sweet Home which I thought was Adorable.

I also have a #nerdprintz checked out:
Postcards from No Man's Land
Postcards from No Man's Land by Aidan Chambers

 and a few adult stuff , such as:
Beatrix Potter: A Life in Nature
I've had a hankering for steampunk lately, so I may try to read:
Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1)
Soulless by Gail Carriger

and I know my next audiobook will be:
Black Heart (Curse Workers, #3)
Black Heart by Holly Black

What are you reading? 

8 comments:

  1. This is the second time today I've seen Postcards from No Man's Land. I've never heard or seen it before. I'll be interested to see what you think!

    Maria @novalibrarymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I'm interested in the graphic novels, but since you really liked The Queen of Attolia, I'll look it up for sure. I just noticed someone else mentioning the Postcards book, & I didn't know about the Beatrix Potter. I read a bio of her a long while ago-fascinating life. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just added The Queen's Thief to my list,as far as i can see that's the first one.

    Hope the Beatrix Potter one is good, looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Body of Christopher Creed sounds fascinating- so does The Queen's Thief. It's interesting when the same books keep popping up on other people's blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy Black Heart! It is a great ending to the series.
    You are reading some great adult comics- I really need to start reading more.

    Happy reading this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Gail Carriger's series. It cracks me up. I think I read the first 4 books in a week or a week and a half. And well you know what I think of Black Heart - especially the audio.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Birds of Prey!

    I haven't read Killing Joke myself - I know it's dark. I keep waiting for Comixology sales. So glad you'll be joining on on Read Comics in Public day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Late to the #IMWAYR reading! :) I just looked up Postcards from No Man's Land . . . sounds like a super interesting storyline. Thanks for sharing that! Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete

Please use your first name or a username when commenting. The conversation will have an easier flow if we don't have a bunch of anonymous comments. Thank you!