Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Currently Reading 9/10/12

So, I took last week off from:

but now I'm back with a vengeance!

(Check out Teach Mentor Text and Book Journey for more IMWAYR posts!)

In the past two weeks, I REREAD:

Hereville: How Mirka Got Her Sword Oz: The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by Eric Shanower and Scottie Young

I loved them both just as much the second time reading them.  Such fabulous graphic novels.  Two of my favorites!

I also read:

 Bone, Vol. 1: Out from Boneville Amulet, Vol. 2: The Stonekeeper's Curse


Oz: The Marvelous Land of Oz Amulet, Vol. 3: The Cloud Searchers Black Heart (Curse Workers, #3)

The Marvelous Land of Oz by Eric Shanower and Scottie Young
Black Heart by Holly Black

 
I also caught up on DC's New 52 Batgirl by Gail Simone
and Birds of Prey by Duane Swierczynski

I enjoyed everything I read immensely, although the new Hereville tale is probably my favorite.
Most of these books were read 2 weeks ago.  Last week I had one of those weeks where I just keep starting books and not finishing anything!

I am currently in the midst of:

The Night Circus Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1) Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Soulless by Gail Carriger

Postcards from No Man's Land The FitzOsbornes at War (The Montmaray Journals, #3)

Postcards from No Man's Land by Aidan Chambers
The FitzOsbornes at War by Michelle Cooper

A lot of adult novels in the mix for me!  I have been reading The FitzOsbornes at War forever, but I am really enjoying it.  It's just loaded on my computer, and I don't have a whole lot of time where it's convenient to stare at a computer screen.

This week I *must* read:

Gone Girl The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Gone Girl has 90 (!) holds on it, so I *must* return it on time.  I am leading a book discussion group on Perks so I *must* finish it by Tuesday night.

I also hope to read:

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Wonder Woman, Vol. 1: Blood Amulet, Vol. 4: The Last Council

Wonder Woman vol. 1: Blood by Brian Azzarello
Amulet #4: The Last Council by Kazu Kibuishi

7 comments:

  1. Lots of graphic novels here, such fun! Glad to see all these titles. I've been reading a lot about Amulet, I should check that one out, looks like my daughter would enjoy it too. We also have a copy of Out from Boneville which my daughter also loved. Great for reluctant readers I think. I have The Night Circus in my shelves for nearly a year now, but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Hopefully before the year ends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, 90 holds. I have always wanted to read The Night Circus, as the author started it as a NaNo, but I just haven't gotten to it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just checked our holds list for Gone Girl-72!! I suppose I should see what all the fuss is about...just as soon as I finish all these other books I've been meaning to read. I am in a graphic novels slump. Finished Locke & Key and haven't found another series yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your ambitious reading goals this week! I'm intrigued by Gone Girl--will have to check that one out. I love hearing about all your GN highlights--I've heard I need to bring the Amulet series up in my TBR, but perhaps Hereville, too?

    --Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow . . . I just looked at my library's holds for Gone Girl. 2,070 holds on 370 circulating copies! It will now have 2,071 holds, and I'm starting a pool on when I might actually get it in my hands!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your list of graphic novels is just what I need. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adored Oz - and clearly one of my students did as well (It disappeared last year). I ordered a replacement. Now I need to read the others.

    ReplyDelete

Please use your first name or a username when commenting. The conversation will have an easier flow if we don't have a bunch of anonymous comments. Thank you!