Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Book Cover Bracelet

So, I FINALLY accomplished a project that I've been wanting to do for over a year.

Voila:

It's a bracelet of the covers of some of my favorite YA books!

Here's a closer look:


It's pretty shoddy workmanship (I am not a jewelry maker: I had no idea what I was doing!) but I think the idea is good.  I just got all the supplies at my local crafstore.  I think the frames are a bit ornate, but that was the only rectangular choice they had.

Here are the books I chose to go on my bracelet:

Deadly Code Name Verity The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks

Deadly by Julie Chibaro
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart

 Chime The Queen of Attolia (The Queen's Thief, #2)Hattie Big Sky

Chime by Franny Billingsly
The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner
Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson

Bog Child Revolution Saving Francesca

Bog Child by Siobhan Dowd
Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta

I Am the Messenger

I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak

I'd like to adapt the idea into something I can do at a teen program.  Maybe make necklaces instead of bracelets?  hmmm....

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's a great idea! I bet pendant necklaces or even earrings would work well for a program. How about you do it first and let me know how it goes? I'll trade you a Erasure Poetry program for Book Cover Jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What a great idea!
    I wonder if you could print the covers on shrinky-dink film and make charms that way? I am going to have to try that... now I want book-cover-earrings to go with my halloween costume.

    ReplyDelete

Please use your first name or a username when commenting. The conversation will have an easier flow if we don't have a bunch of anonymous comments. Thank you!