Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Halloween Nosferatu Display

 So I read this AWESOME AWESOME post by 100 Scope Notes about Nosferatu.  Have you read it?  Well go read it now!  (I'll wait, I promise).

Anyway, I thought this was just about the best idea I'd ever heard and knew I could adapt it to an awesomely weird teen book display.

(Noseferatu is a movie from the 20s.  Read more about it here.  The Fabulous Werner Herzog also made a Nosferatu movie in the late 70s. Nosferatu is kind of the original film vampire.)

After asking Mr. Scope Notes' permission, I created, THIS display (yes, Nosferatu is misspelled.  I corrected it):



I put little pictures of Nosferatu's mug on each ghost story or horror story I put on the display.  I think it improved the covers immensely.  What do you think?


So the teens could spread the fun at home too, I cut out little pictures of Nosferatu for them to take home!


So, this Halloween go watch the Nosferatu movies.  Then spread the classic movie and class vampire love with *your* teens.  If they are anything like my teens, they will love the quirky weirdness of it.

1 comment:

  1. Haha this is amazing! We will try and get our hands on the Nosferatu film from the 20s!

    ReplyDelete

Please use your first name or a username when commenting. The conversation will have an easier flow if we don't have a bunch of anonymous comments. Thank you!