Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

MORE Five Star Picture Books

I've been reading some more REALLY good picture books, so I thought I would write another of my Five Star Picture Book posts.  Here are some super good PBs,

Oh, No!
The writing seemed better than the average picture book to me and, of course, Rohmann's illustrations are fabulous.  Wasn't a huge fan of the ending, but, still, a five star book.

Big Mean Mike
AHHH! FLUFFY BUNNIES!  THE CUTENESS!  I CAN'T STAND IT!

Creepy Carrots!
I saw Peter Brown speak at the National Book Festival and he described this as a picture book version of a Twilight Zone episode which is EXACTLY why I ADORE it.  Fun ending too.

Dog in Charge
Ah, such a great relationship between pets.  Is this Going's first picture book?  She knocks it out of the park. 

 Olivia and the Fairy Princesses
 I just want a little girl so I can read her Olivia books over and over and over again.  LOVE THIS CHARACTER.  This is probably my favorite Olivia book since the first one.

Baxter, the Pig Who Wanted to Be Kosher
 I saved the best for last.  SO FUNNY!  It's the perfect beginner's introduction to Shabbat while also being a super entertaining story.  This is one I MUST own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use your first name or a username when commenting. The conversation will have an easier flow if we don't have a bunch of anonymous comments. Thank you!