Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Currently Reading 11/26/12



Soooo, I haven't blogged in AGES due to a brief phase as a Luddite (I was gonna be the Steampunk Tasha Tudor!)  Anyway, none other than the DIRECTOR of my library asked me to please reconsider as it's something of a necessity for any library worker worth her salt to be internet-aware (especially if one is dealing with teens).  So I am back with a vengeance to participate in:
Head on over to Teach Mentor Text and Book Journey for more fabulous IMWAYR posts!

This week, I have reread two of my favorites for my teen book club:

The Westing Game Thirteen Reasons Why
The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

I have also managed to read:
 The Year of the Beasts  Summer of the Gypsy Moths 
The Year of the Beasts by Cecil Castellucci
Summer of the Gypsy Moths by Sara Pennypacker

Both are wonderfully good.  I think the sentence-level writing of these two books is some of the best I've read this year. 

I am currently reading:

Tiger Lily Tales of the Madman Underground Seraphina (Seraphina, #1)
 Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
Tales of the Madman Underground by John Barnes
Seraphina by Rachel Hartman

Again, really loving the writing in all of these.  Tiger Lily is much darker than I was expecting but terribly intriguing.  I love what Anderson has done with the Peter Pan tale.  Seraphina is so imaginative although I have been a bit confused at some points.  I'm not very good with high fantasy.  I don't pay enough attention.

Next on the docket is:

The Brides of Rollrock Island  The Diviners (The Diviners, #1)  This is How You Lose Her
The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan
The Diviners by Libba Bray
 This is How You Lose Her by Junot Diaz


3 comments:

  1. Summer of the Gypsy Moths is really fantastic writing. It really works on all levels.

    The Diviners is one of my favorites of the year. Libba Bray just keeps one-upping herself with every new book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer of the Gypsy Moths does sound great and worthy of bringing up in the TBR pile. Nice to see you back, though Tasha Tudor does have her a lot going for her. :)

    --Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is really cool that your director encourages you to blog! I know I enjoy hearing about your book adventures. I have Tiger Lily here (I won it) and I adored Seraphina (but I am a high fantasy fan).

    ReplyDelete

Please use your first name or a username when commenting. The conversation will have an easier flow if we don't have a bunch of anonymous comments. Thank you!