Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Currently Reading 6/10/13



Once again, it's time for:

hosted by Teach Mentor Texts and Book Journey.

So, Summer Reading began this last week at my library and it has consumed my life.  Also I've had a nasty virus-like thingy for two weeks.  These two things together have caused me to not read as much as I really really want to!  All I've finished this week have been picture books and comic books.  But they have been some excellent picture books and comic books, indeed!

Picture books:

Take Me Out to the Yakyu Exclamation Mark
Take Me Out to the Yakyu by Aaron Meshon
Exclamation Mark by Amy Krause Rosenthal and Tom Lichtenheld

Everyone Can Learn to Ride a Bike Picture a Tree
Everyone can Learn to Ride a Bicycle by Chris Raschka
Plant a Tree by Barbara Reid

Penny and Her Marble Building Our House
Penny and Her Marble by Kevin Henkes
Building our House by Jonathan Bean

Comics:

  




  

 

still currently reading the same books (with one excellent addition!)

Revolution Rose Under Fire Eleanor & Park
Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

Blood Meridian, or the Evening Redness in the West The Sandman, Vol. 2: The Doll's House Doll Bones
Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy
The Sandman vol 2: The Doll's House by Neil Gaiman, Steve Parkhouse, Chris Bachalo, Michael Zulli
Doll Bones by Holly Black

I am DETERMINED TO START this week:

Midwinterblood Dr. Bird's Advice for Sad Poets Fruits Basket, Vol. 1 (Fruits Basket, #1)
Midwinter Blood by Marcus Sedwick
Dr. Bird's Advice for Sad Poets by Evan Roskos
Fruits Basket vol. 1 by Natsuki Takaya

The Sandman, Vol. 3: Dream Country Daredevil, Volume 2
Sandman vol. 3 Dream Country by Neil Gaiman
Daredevil volume 2 by Mark Waid and Paolo Manuel Rivera

5 comments:

  1. I just read Exclamation Mark and loved it too! But then, everything by Amy Krouse Rosenthal seems to be a winner. And Rose Under Fire! That is my #1 most-anticipated book this year! Can't wait to read it. Looks like you're going to have a great week of reading. I just started Midwinter Blood--it's intriguing but I'm not quite hooked yet. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some fun titles here. That Dr. Bird's Advice keeps showing up in lots of people's tweets and posts. I am going to have to get to it this summer too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished Doll Bones last week and loved it. I recently read the first Fruits Basket and enjoyed it. I don't read a lot of manga, so I think I need to read a couple more volumes before I decide how I feel about it. I really liked Alice in the Country of Hearts and have Alice in the Land of Clover at home waiting for me. Feel better and have a great week! http://wp.me/pzUn5-1ze

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, what a lot of reading you have accomplished! Yours is the third mention of Eleanor and Park today- cant wait to get to it when summer begins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not usually a historical fiction fan, but I loved Revolution! There's just something about the way in which this book was written, that really stuck with me. One of my all time favorite books! I'm curious to read what you think about it.

    ReplyDelete

Please use your first name or a username when commenting. The conversation will have an easier flow if we don't have a bunch of anonymous comments. Thank you!