Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Currently Reading 6/3/13

Guys, I haven't participated in one of Teach Mentor Texts'  
in two whole months!  I can only blame it on wedding brain.  Anyway, I haven't been reading a whole lot, but here are some of the books I've read in that two month period:
Titanic: Voices From the Disaster The Sandman, Vol. 1: Preludes and Nocturnes The Great Gatsby
Titanic: Voices from the Disaster by Deborah Hopkinson ****
**REREAD**The Sandman vol. 1: Preludes and Nocturnes by Neil  Gaiman, Sam Kieth, Mike Dringenberg, Malcolm Jones III ****1/2
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald****1/2

The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay Flora and Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock
Flora & Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo****1/2
Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick***1/2

Miracle Mud: Lena Blackburne and the Secret Mud That Changed Baseball Frog Song
Miracle Mud by David A. Kelly and Oliver Dominguez ****
Frog Song by Brenda Z. Guiberson and Gennady Spirin ****

A Little Book of Sloth The Matchbox Diary
A Little Book of Sloth by Lucy Cooke ****1/2
The Matchbox Diary by Paul Fleischman and Bagram Ibatoulline ****

Lucky Ducklings  Time-Out for Sophie
Lucky Ducklings by Eva Moore and Nancy Carpenter *****
Time Out for Sophie by Rosemary Wells ****

My Brother's Book Happy Birthday, Bunny!
My Brother's Book by Maurice Sendak ***
Happy Birthday, Bunny by Liz Garton Scanlon and Stephanie Graegin ****

Polar Bear Morning Wonder Woman, Vol. 2: Guts
Polar Bear Morning by Lauren THmopson and Stephen Savage ****
Wonder Woman vol 2: Guts by Brian Azzarello, Cliff Chiang, Tony Akins, and Dan Green ****1/2




I am currently reading:

Rose Under Fire Eleanor & Park Blood Meridian, or the Evening Redness in the West
Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy

We Need to Talk About Kevin Revolution The Sandman, Vol. 2: The Doll's House
We Need to Talk about Kevin by Lionel Shriver
**REREAD** Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
The Sandman vol. 2: The Doll's House by Neil Gaiman, Steve Parkhouse, Chris Bachalo, Michael Zulli,
Mike Dringenberg, Malcolm Jones III

I hope to read this coming week:

Midwinterblood  Dr. Bird's Advice for Sad Poets Fruits Basket, Vol. 1 (Fruits Basket, #1)
Midwinter Blood by Marcus Sedgwick
Fruits Basket vol 1 by Natsuki Takaya

The Sandman, Vol. 3: Dream Country Daredevil, Volume 2
The Sandman vol 3: Dream Country by Neil Gaiman
Daredevil vol 2 by Mark Waid and Paolo Manuel Rivera

19 comments:

  1. Welcome back! How are you enjoying Rose Under Fire? I have it too, but want to finish Far Far Away before I start a new ebook. Have a great reading week! http://wp.me/pzUn5-1yt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it so far! I've been hesitant to read it because I love Code Name Verity so, and am equally afraid I'll be let down or I'll love it EVEN MORE than CNV, if that makes any sense at all, haha! So far it is really excellent though. I much different voice than CNV.

      Delete
  2. Yes, welcome back! I have thought about tackling The Sandman series, but never quite get to it. Maybe in will put that on my summer list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it Crystal! Great series!

      Delete
    2. Sandman is excellent, (but I hope you have a high tolerance for weirdness!)

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to own Flora & Ulysses! Kate DiCamillo is magical to me. Did you just get married, or are you in the midst of planning the wedding? I'm getting married in August, and I can understand the wedding brain feeling...yowza!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting married in August too! And yes, I think Magical is a perfect word to describe DiCamillo.

      Delete
  4. Welcome back!

    Happy reading this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow-so many books-some I've read & enjoyed, some on my list too! I read Kavalier & Clay a long while ago & loved it. Still haven't read another of Chabon's, but wish I had time to. I want to read Eleanor & Park soon, looks terrific! I bought Happy Birthday Bunny for my granddaughter's coming birthday. Welcome back, and thanks for showing 'all' the books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kavalier & Clay is excellent. I loved it too! I am so eager to finish Eleanor & Park. Been crazy busy at work on top of a cold, though, which has majorly cut into my reading time!

      Delete
  6. It always amazes me what a wonderful array of books you highlight! I must read Eleanor and Park - keep hearing so many great things! Just read the Goodreads summary of Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock - whoa . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Leonard Peacock is intense, but very well done, I think. Eleanor and Park is so emotional rich.

      Delete
  7. What a great mix of books though. When's the wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Welcome back to the Monday reading meme. You've read a lot of novels lately, congratulations! I read The Great Gatsby back when I was an undergraduate student, I couldn't for the life of me remember how it went. :) I own a copy of The Sandman but have not read it yet, I'm waiting until I have collected the entire Sandman series. :) How'd you find the Maurice Sendak book? I've read quite a bit about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the Sendak, but I'm not sure I completely understood it...(which is likely more my fault than the book's!) Sandman is well worth owning, I think. Really good stuff.

      Delete
  9. I hadn't read any Kate DiCamillo but I definitely should change that since so many customers recommend her to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Definitely read DiCamillo. All her books are fairly quick reads too, but excellent every one!

      Delete

Please use your first name or a username when commenting. The conversation will have an easier flow if we don't have a bunch of anonymous comments. Thank you!