Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

It's Friday, What are you Watching?

Most of you probably know that I participate in It's Monday, What Are You Reading? Each week.  This awesome meme is hosted by Teach Mentor Texts and Book Journey who gather bloggers from around the interwebs who each describe what they have been reading for the past week.  Well, I decided that, since I love movies ALMOST as much as I love books, and watch a whole bunch of them,  I would start describing what I watch each week too.  So, here's my first try at a "It's Friday!  What Are You Watching!"

These are the movies I have watched this past week:

Before Sunset directed by Richard Linklater
starring Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy
definitely a ***** (5 star) film.  magical.

REWATCH
The Maltese Falcon directed by John Huston
Starring Humphrey Bogart and Mary Astor
another ***** movie.  I don't see how anybody can see this and argue that old movies are boring.

REWATCH
Imitation of Life directed by Douglas Sirk (the KING of the melodrama)
Starring Lana Turner and Juanita Moore (who SHOULD get above-the-title billing.  She IS the movie!)
****.  SO entertaining and tragic and PURTY.

White Material directed by Claire Denis
Starring Isabelle Huppert (there are other people in the movie, but it is so totally Huppert's movie)
*****.  I LOVED this movie even as I didn't completely understand it.  Harrowing and mysterious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use your first name or a username when commenting. The conversation will have an easier flow if we don't have a bunch of anonymous comments. Thank you!