Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Currently Reading 1/13/14

 Read this week:



        



Fullmetal Alchemist volumes 1-14 by Hiromu Arakawa: LOVING THIS SERIES SO MUCH.  I've NEVER been a manga fan, never been able to get into it at all before, but this series is so fascinating.  The characters are endearingly realized, and the plot, though convoluted, is so addicting. 




Currently Reading:

Orleans by Sherri L. Smith
This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith
The Flame Throwers by Rachel Kushner

The Kingdom of Little Wounds by Susann Cokal
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Scowler by Daniel Kraus

The Sandman volume IV: Season of Mists by Neil Gaiman
Aimless Love by Billy Collings
Fullmetal Alchemist vol. 15 by Hiromu Arakawa


to Read: 
 
Sorrow's Knot by Erin Bow
The Living by Matt de la Pena
Poseidon by George O'Connor

 
Imprisoned by Martin W. Sandler
Sandman vol. V: A Game of You by Neil Gaiman
The Summer PRince by Alaya Dawn Johnson

If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch

Fullmetal Alchemist volumes 16-20 by Hiromu Arakawa


5 comments:

  1. You have a lot of great books set up to read! I loved The Living and The Raven Boys. I got This Is What Happy Looks Like for Christmas, but I haven't started it just yet.

    Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannahlily, I have to get back ot The Raven Boys soonest. Thanks for sharing your love for Full Metal Alchemist. :) It's great to read an entire series at one go, as I think you did with this one. I hope to find it in our libraries too. Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a whole lot of books (well, i do read loads at a time too!!) so glad to find others like me..
    i have not been a manga fan too though i have read other comics.. but maybe will pick this up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Hannahlily. I am enjoying your blog, so I am nominating you for the Sharing the Sunshine Blogger Challenge :-) It’s a fun way to share yourself and learn more about other book bloggers. Check out my most recent post to see how it works. I can't include the link here--I think "it" thinks I am a spammer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent list! (That's a lot of books.) How are you enjoying Orleans? I've been hearing more and more good things about that one lately. You are reminding me I need to get back to the Sandman series.

    ReplyDelete

Please use your first name or a username when commenting. The conversation will have an easier flow if we don't have a bunch of anonymous comments. Thank you!