Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Radical Homemakers

I finished this book last night:


and I don't know quite what to think of it.

One the one side, I agree with the lifestyles, but, on the other, I felt the arguments were extremely one-sided and heavy handed.  All the subjects were so similar in every aspect that I think some diversity would have been great.  The author and subjects were all quite extreme in their hominess as well (and a bit self-righteous and dismissive of other lifestyles).  I do think Hayes has an excellent point in that we have turned into a needlessly consumer culture although I found her dismissal of all healthcare and prescription medication simplistic and idealistic at best.  The second part was a wee bit dull as well.

Well worth a peruse, though.  ***1/2 stars out of *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use your first name or a username when commenting. The conversation will have an easier flow if we don't have a bunch of anonymous comments. Thank you!