Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

Salley Mavor Lamb Purse

Somehow or other in the past few years I came across this book (I think it was on a best books of the year list I read):

It is now my favorite collection of Nursery Rhymes!  I just adore the illustrator, Sally Mavor's, use of fabric and stitchery.  I quickly bought this book for myself, and found that Mavor also has an instructional book about how to create artwork in her style:


It's a super awesome book with great projects, but I was simply too intimidated to actually create anything.  That was, until I found this website Earthsong Fibers which had a kit to make one of the projects (Unfortunately it doesn't look like they have the kit anymore, but they still have some great items!).  The kit came with instructions in a magazine, felt and every different type of thread you need for the project.




I am an absolutely novice stitcher, all I've ever done is a few embroidered handkerchiefs (I had NO IDEA what I was doing with those!)  I had to Google some of the stitches, but there were great directions online.  The purse only took me about 3 hours start to finish, which, I think, is pretty good for a beginner!


Ta-da!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use your first name or a username when commenting. The conversation will have an easier flow if we don't have a bunch of anonymous comments. Thank you!