Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2014

20 characters from MG and YA novels that I would name my future daughter after

Names are one of my great interests and one of my favorite pursuits is wondering what I will name my future daughter, should I be blessed with one.  Most important to me is that my daughter have a strong namesake, someone she can look up to.  Here are the twenty young lady protagonists that I would be happy to name a little girl after:
  1. Coraline (Coraline by Neil Gaiman)
  2. Sophie (A Brief History of Montmoray by Michelle Cooper)
  3. Verity (Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein)
  4. Francesca (Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta)
  5. Briony (Chime by Franny Billingsly)
  6. Irene (The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner)
  7. Symone (The White Darkness by Geraldine McCaughrean)
  8. Miranda (When you Reach Me by Rebecca Stead)
  9. Peggy (The Sherwood Ring by Elizabeth Marie Pope)
  10. Olivier Mira (Fullmetal Alchemist by Hiromu Arakawa)
  11. Clementine (Clementine and sequels by Sara Pennypacker)
  12. Matilda (Matilda by Roald Dahl)
  13. Dorothy (The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and sequels by L. Frank Baum)
  14. Claudia (The Mixed up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg)
  15. Hermione (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and sequels by J.K. Rowling)
  16. Valkyrie (Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy)
  17. Marceline (Adventure Time: Marceline and the Scream Queens by Meredith Gran)
  18. Seraphina (Seraphina by Rachel Hartman)
  19. Pippi (Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgrin)
  20. Eilonwy (The Book of Three and sequels by Lloyd Alexander)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use your first name or a username when commenting. The conversation will have an easier flow if we don't have a bunch of anonymous comments. Thank you!