Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Must Read in 2015

GUYS!  This is the year I get back to reading 1,000+ books (mostly picture books) a year!   I can feel it!  For motivation, I am once again participating in There's A Book for That's #MustReadin2015 challenge.



Here are my 45 #MustReadin2015 choices.  I tried to make a nice mix of different genres, new authors and old favorites and different years, but basically, it was just the first 45 books I thought of:


Tenderness by Robert Cormier
The Green Glass Sea by Ellen Klages
Dreamhunter by Elizabeth Knox

Sammy and Juliana in Hollywood by Benjamin Alire Saenz
The Folk Keeper by Franny Billingsley
Lament by Maggie Stiefvater

Cracked up to be by Courtney Summers
The Anatomy of Wings by Karen Foxlee
The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima

Slice of Cherry by Dia Reeves
Requiem by Lauren Oliver
Witchlanders by Lena Coakley

Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers
Steampunk: An Anthology of Fantastically Rich and Strange Stories ed. by Kelly Link
The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson

This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
Railsea by China Mieville
The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson

17 & Gone by Nova Ren Suma
The Summer Prince by Alaya Down Johnson
The Curiosities by Maggie Stiefvater, Tessa Gratton, and Brenna Yovanoff

A Corner of White by Jaclyn Moriarty
How to Lead a Life of Crime by Kirsten Miller
Mortal Fire by Elizabeth Knox

Far Far Away by Tom McNeal
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
The Waking Dark by Robin Wasserman

More Than This by Patrick Ness
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
The Real Boy by Anne Ursu

Glory O'Brien's History of the Future by A.S. King
The Riverman Aaron Starmer
Killer of Enemies by Joseph Bruchac

Greenglass House by Kate Milford
Fiendish by Brenna Yovanoff
Complicit by Stephanie Kuehn

Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
Amity by Micol Ostow
Egg & Spoon by Gregory Maguire

Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer
The Lost Sun by Tessa Gratton
Being Henry David by Cal Armistead

Palace of Spies by Sarah Zettel
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
The Vigilante Poets of Selwyn Academy by Kate Hattemer

AS IF THAT WERE NOT AMBITIOUS ENOUGH I also want to read the 10 Printz books I have not yet read (Or have read parts of and not finished):
John Lennon: All I Want is the Truth by Elizabeth Partridge
The Ropemaker by Peter Dickinson

Dreamquake by Elizabeth Knox
One Whole and Perfect Day by Judith Clarke
Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick

The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing Traitor to the Nation Volume II: The Kingdom of the Waves by M.T. Anderson
Tales of the Madman Underground by John Barnes

Dodger by Terry Pratchett
Navigating Early by Clare Vanderpool
Maggot Moon by Sally Gardner

So my questions for you are:
Have you read any of my choices?
Which book should I start with???
What books are on your Must Reads list for 2015?


3 comments:

  1. A few of these are on my list as well. My list came together in much the same way. I pulled books off my shelves and went with the first 30ish I gathered. Then, after I hit publish, I thought of several more books I'd intended to add. Of course my reading in 2015 isn't limited to my list! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list is full of new books to me. I enjoyed reading Dodger, but it can't hold a candle to Nation. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your list! I want to read Witchlanders and The 5th Wave too. Favourites of mine on your list: Complicit, Far Far Away, Maggot Moon and Navigating Early. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Please use your first name or a username when commenting. The conversation will have an easier flow if we don't have a bunch of anonymous comments. Thank you!