Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

Currently Reading 2/23/15

Y'all, it's been a weird week.  I didn't work one full 8 hour work day due to snow, but I STILL didn't manage to finish any books! Mostly because:

  1. I bought the first 5 seasons of Parks and Recreation and binged watching that.  I couldn't read while Lesley Knope was on!
  2. There was a comic convention in our town on Saturday and I was sewing a costume to wear while attending.  
  3. AND the Oscars were last night which is my favorite day of the year after the ALA Youth Media Awards announcement.
So I feel like I got some reading accomplished, but just didn't manage to finish anything!




Currently Reading:

**REREAD** The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Still plugging away trying to finish it so I can start The Dream Thieves!
**REREAD** Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick
I love this book so much.

Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith
I don't think I actually progressed in this book at all this week...
A Snicker of Magic by Natalie Lloyd
This book is sweet and well-written but it's a little twee for me so far...
The Night Gardener by Jonathan Auxier
I love the plot and it's suitably creepy but I can't say I like ANY of the characters so far...


The Glass Sentence by S.E. Grove
Not feeling this one yet.  I'm almost 200 pages in and I feel like I know a lot about the world but not a whole lot has happened thus far.
Jackaby by William Ritter
This one is fun!  Very Sherlock Holmesy

TO READ: 

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer

Popular by Maya Van Wagenen
Amity by Micol Ostow





7 comments:

  1. Twee! I'm glad I'm not the only one who uses this term. A teacher called me on "wonky" as well! Exactly what I thought about particular title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot of books going at once! I loved the Raven Boys and The Dream Thieves, but I'm afraid I need to start all over to reread them in order to finish the series with the third one. I didn't like The Grasshopper Jungle, but I loved Snicker and The Night Gardener! I haven't read Midwinterblood yet, but it's sitting on my bookshelf, waiting. I read We Were Liars and All the Bright Places. Both are pretty intense. Belzhar is on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twee! I love this word! I loved Snicker, but I am really corny. I don't usually love younger books, but it captured my heart. I loved the picture you shared. It looks like you had a lot of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a great week, and you're reading some awesome books. I love the Raven Cycle, still have no. 3 to read. Have fun with all those books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am amazed that you can have so many books on the go at one time. I might have to read read the entire Raven Boy series again while waiting for number 4 to eventually be published. I hope you get into Grasshopper Jungle. It was one of those books I started reading and couldn't put down til it was finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read All the Bright Places - sounds exactly like my kind of read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear your thoughts about Glass Sentence. I liked it - but I didn't feel the huge love a lot of other people seemed to feel. Intriguing world.... not fascinating people.

    I ADORED MIDWINTERBLOOD. (coughs)

    Grasshopper Jungle didn't do it for me. Fascinating premise, but .... but.... maybe it just was too hormonal to interest me? I also found the jumping around POV and timeline stuff distracting.

    RAVEN CYCLE ROCKS! I read the recaptains summaries for the first two before reading BLLB. Maggie herself wrote them, so they are worth reading even if you reread the books.

    ReplyDelete

Please use your first name or a username when commenting. The conversation will have an easier flow if we don't have a bunch of anonymous comments. Thank you!