Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

Currently Reading 4/20/15



Read:

Jackaby by William Ritter ***  Not the best writing, but it was fun.  A little too on-the-nose copycat of Sherlock Holmes at times, though.
Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer ** SO disappointed with this one.  Everything just rang false to me.  It's like it was trying to be And We Stay and failing completely.
Little Peach by Peggy Kern ***1/2  Again, not the best writing I've ever read, but such an important subject.  Hard to read in its brutal realism.

Currently Reading: (all these covers kind of compliment each other and I can't stop looking at them together)

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 
**REREAD** The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Grasshopper Jungle by Andrew Smith

Greenglass House by Kate Milford
If You Find this Letter by Hannah Brencher
The Whisper by Aaron Starmer

 
Honey Girl by Lisa Freeman
Under the Egg by Laura Marx Fitzgerald

To Read:

One Whole and Perfect Day by Judith Clarke
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
Bone Gap by Laura Ruby

Audacity by Melanie Crowder
This Side of Home by Renee Watson
The Alex Crow by Andrew Smith








3 comments:

  1. I liked Fangirl - I thought it was much better than Rainbow's Eleanor and Park. Grasshopper Jungle is such an "OMG what did I just read" kind of book. It's the first book by Andrew that I read and led me to read Winger, which is my absolute favorite YA novel. I love Andrew but I started Alex Crow and had to set it aside. It just wasn't working for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad that Belzhar wasn't as good as it sounds! I had looked forward to that one.
    Many of your "reading" and "to read" books are on my TBR pile. I need to get to them at some point. So many books........

    Happy reading this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received a copy of Alex Crow several weeks back - I have to get to it soonest! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please use your first name or a username when commenting. The conversation will have an easier flow if we don't have a bunch of anonymous comments. Thank you!