Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Must Read in 2016 Update


Completely missed the first update so here's all I've read from my Must Read list so far this year.  Only 14 out of 50, but that's better than I usually do, so I'm pretty happy with it!  I've also been horrible about keeping up with writing reviews, so here are the books I've read in roughly descending order of how much I enjoyed them.


LOVE:

Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger
The Cure for Dreaming by Cat Winters


A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab
I Love I Hate I Miss My Sister by Amélie Sarn
Ask the Passengers by A. S. King


GOOD!:

The Ruby in the Smoke by Philip Pullman
The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud
Tighter by Adele Griffin

The Young Elites by Marie Lu
Trouble is a Friend of Mine by Stephanie Tromly


NOT MY THING:

A Little in Love by Susan E. Fletcher
A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis
The Selection by Kiera Cass



NEXT UP:

The Love Curse of the Rumbaughs by Jack Gantos
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielson

 The Girls at the Kingfisher Club by Genevieve Valentine
The Appearance of Annie Van Sinderen by Katherine Howe

Make sure to check out all the other Must Read posts at There's a Book for That!

5 comments:

  1. Love your categories :-) I also share love for Blue Lily Lily Blue. Am currently lost in The Raven King.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like The False Prince, but it is written for a younger audience than most of what you have here (I think), so it will be interesting to see what you think. I seem to love everything I am able to find by A.S. King but I haven't bought Ask the Passengers yet, so I should find a librarian to get it for me. Nice to see that you enjoyed The Screaming Staircase and The Young Elites as those are on my list too. Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also loved Ask the Passengers (have become a fan of A.S. King) and Etiquette & Espionage. In fact, I loved Carriger's book so much, I went on to read the whole series. The whole Raven Boys series held me in thrall. In fact it's just about the only series I've ever contemplated rereading. Good luck with the rest of your must read titles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the cover for Darker Shade of Magic. And I love your categories too. It gets to the point!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Several of your books have been favorites of mine: Blue Lily, Ask the Passengers and The False Prince. I also really enjoyed Shadow and Bone. I like the way you set this up with Love, Good, Not My Thing.

    ReplyDelete

Please use your first name or a username when commenting. The conversation will have an easier flow if we don't have a bunch of anonymous comments. Thank you!